FRENZ Character Use Guidelines
Definition of the term
1. ‘FRENZ Character’ refers to the character that the users created by rearranging, combining and/or replacing FRENZ IP contents through the FRENZ application.
2. ‘MY Character’ refers to FRENZ Character for which a user purchases NFT Ownership from the Company for a fee.
3. ‘MY Creations’ refers to derivative works such as digital contents, MY NFT, fan art, goods, webtoon, and video created by users using MY Characters.
4. ‘MY NFT’ refers to NFTs that users mint by using MY Character pursuant to this Character Guideline.
What is MY character and NFT ownership?
1. The Company welcomes the user's commercial utilization of MY Characters. However, please pay attention to the following common rules, the permitted use and license which commercial utilization is allowed. Please note that without purchasing NFT Ownership, any commercial use of FRENZ Character is not permitted.
2. If users violate the Community Guideline, use a FRENZ Character without any contract or without purchasing NFT Ownership of the FRENZ Character, or produce, distribute, sell or use MY Creations without the purchase of NFT Ownership, the Company may withdraw the rights granted to the users and hold such users liable. Please note that even if an individual rather than a corporate entity uses the rights for profit, it shall be considered commercial utilization.
When is the commercial use of MY character allowed?
1. The commercial use of MY Character is allowed only by users who satisfy the following requirements. If none of the following apply, please contact us for partnership inquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Basic Use Standard:
Individual and proprietorship business: If total annual total revenue(based on the immediately preceding year) is under 100,000 US dollars (or KRW 100 million Won; for currencies other than the US dollar or the Korean won, the USD dollar exchange rate shall apply)
Corporation: If total annual total revenue (based on the previous taxable year) is under 100,000 US dollars (or KRW 100 million Won; for currencies other than the US dollar or the Korean won, the USD dollar exchange rate shall apply)
Educational, academic organizations: If the annual total revenue (based on the previous taxable year) is under 100,000 US dollars (or KRW 100 million Won; for currencies other than the US dollar or the Korean won, the USD dollar exchange rate shall apply)
non-profit organizations: If the total property value contributed to the organization (based on the previous fiscal year) is under 100,000 US dollars (or KRW 100 million Won; for currencies other than the US dollar or the Korean won, the USD dollar exchange rate shall apply)
3. Even if users satisfy the above basic use standard upon the commercial utilization of MY Character, if users exceed the Basic Use Standard in the future, all the rights (Including copyright and the right to create derivative works) granted by the Company to users are automatically cancelled and shall revert back to Company at the point at which said threshold is exceeded.
4. Therefore, when users exceed the above Basic Use Standard, the users no longer have the right to use MY Character commercially, must inform the Company immediately, and then must request a separate partnership for MY Character use.
If users use MY Character or utilize it commercially, or produce or use MY Creation, users shall comply with following criteria. Should the users violate said criteria, the company may withdraw all the rights granted to MY Character and MY creation immediately.
- Copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and/or other intellectual property rights (including but not limited to the right to create derivative works) of all the materials contained FRENZ Character produced by utilizing FRENZ IP contents belong to the Company, and are protected by applicable law. The company may use FRENZ Characters and MY Characters without any restrictions such as purpose, period and place.
2. Prevention of discrimination and emphasis on diversity
- FRENZ is a global platform used by users all over the world, and as such the Company values diversity. Please do not include any discriminatory factors related to areas such as nationality, age, political opinion, race, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion, etc. in FRENZ Characters and MY Creations.
3. Protection of Intellectual Property, Copyrights and Trademarks
- - Please take care not to infringe any legally protected intellectual property (external character design) or trademark of third parties when producing FRENZ Characters or MY Creations.
- When MY Character is utilized for commercial purposes, it shall not wear items in which the trademark of another brand is exposed, and it is recommended to wear official items made by the Company.
- Users shall not infringe any third party’s intellectual property etc. in relation with the production and use of FRENZ Character and MY Creations, and all responsibility for any such infringement shall be borne by the user.
4. MY creations and third-party license
5. Production, Transfer and Sale of NFT
- Users shall not produce MY Characters or NFTs through a platform of a third party (Open Sea, etc.) other than the NFT Partner permitted by the Company.
- The user shall inform the NFT purchaser of the rights to be transferred when MY NFT is transferred or sold in a manner that is easy to understand.
6. Compliance with Community Guidelines
- Users of FRENZ Characters shall comply with the Community Guidelines at all time in their use of the FRENZ character.
Permitted Commercial Use Of My Character: Goods And Contents Etc.
1. Examples of use range for individuals/corporations/organizations:
- - Production of advertisements and informative contents is permitted.
- o Post my favorite Top 5 Creators World review video
- o Post MY Character custom tutorial on Youtube
- o Post a safe winter driving tips video with Driving World in the background on Youtube
- o Distribute a blog post about the top 10 restaurants in Seoul including a MY Character image
- o Distribute a 2022 trend report including a pose image from MY Character photo booth
- - Production, possession, sales and free sharing of goods are permitted.
- - Dolls, printed goods, figures, mobile phones and other electronic goods, etc.
- - With MY Character, you can create a mascot that represents or symbolizes a company or for-profit organization, and produce advertisements and informational contents by utilizing this.
- o Posts promoting our product and all events of companies and brands
- o On/offline promotional posts of our products, companies and brands (promotional videos, pamphlets, posters, etc.)
- o All forms of advertisement contents (advertising video on YouTube, online banner/SNS advertisement, offline public transportation/outdoor advertisement, etc.)
- o Non-commercial contents that execute the advertisement expense
- o In-house sharing of video introducing new employees of OO corporation
- o Posting OO company news video on company Instagram or Youtube account
- o Utilizing MY Character to create branded contents that introduce autumn travel destinations
- o Youtube video reviewing items or worlds in FRENZ created by the company for non-commercial purposes
- - Producing MY Character with a mascot that represents or symbolizes a company or profit organization, and Production, possession, sale and free sharing of goods utilizing this are permitted.
- - Dolls, printed goods, figures, mobile phones and other electronic goods, etc.
C. Education, Academic, Non-profit Organizations
- - For nonprofit organizations, schools and public institutions, the production of contents for profit and promotional purposes is permitted.
- o OO University library guide video
- o Official promotional posters/videos, outdoor advertisements, etc.
2. When participating in the contest/competition
- It is prohibited to use FRENZ Characters (including MY Characters) and service images to participate in contests or competitions that create metaverse-related apps, services, other software, and various offline materials.
It is permitted to use MY Character to participate in contest or competitions that are not related to the development of metaverses, services (including apps), other software, and various offline materials for use cases or simple screen implementation explanations.
3. Uses beyond the listed scope
- MY Character can be utilized commercially in compliance with the Community Guide.
If any FRENZ Character, MY Character, MY Creation, or MY NFT violate this guideline, the community guideline and any applicabl3 laws, the Company may cancel the permission to use immediately, request the suspension of posting, distribution and transmission of the relevant creation without prior notice, and may restrict the use of FRENZ service separately.
The purpose of this Guideline is to inform you of the basic precautions related to character use to facilitate your creation activities. The Guideline is subject to change, and separate policy may be applied depending on the individual matter.
This Guideline is effective while the company operates FRENZ, and shall apply even after withdrawal from membership.