FRENZ Character Use Guidelines
Definition of the term
1. "FRENZ Character" means a character created by the User by rearranging FRENZ IP Content through the FRENZ App.
2. 'MY Character' means the FRENZ character for which the User has purchased NFT ownership rights from the Company for a fee.
3. "MY Creation" means a secondary work such as digital content, MY NFT, fan art, goodies, webtoons, and videos created by the user using the MY character.
4. 'MY NFT' means an NFT that the user has minted in accordance with these guidelines using the MY character.
What is MY character and NFT ownership?
1. The Company welcomes users to take commercial advantage of the MY character. However, please note the common regulations below and the objects and scope to which commercial use is permitted. Please note that FRENZ characters created using FRENZ without purchasing 'N FT ownership' cannot be used for commercial purposes.
2. If the User violates the Community Guidelines, uses the FRENZ Character without entering into a separate contract or without the purchase of NFT ownership of the FRENZ Character, or otherwise makes unauthorized creation, distribution, sale or use of MY Works utilizing the FRENZ Character, the Company shall revoke the rights granted to the User; You may be required to be legally responsible. At this time, please note that even if you are an individual and not a corporation or a group, if you have a for-profit purpose , it is a commercial use.
Who allows commercial use of MY characters
The commercial use of the MY character is only available to users who meet the following targets, otherwise please contact us by affiliate or email@example.com.
Basic Usage Criteria:
- Individuals and general enterprises: If the gross annual income (as of the immediately preceding fiscal year) is less than US$100,000 (for currencies other than KRW 100 million, KRW and USD, the currency of the user's country is subject to the U.S. dollar exchange rate).
- Educational, Academy, Non-Profit, or Government Organization: If the total annual budget (based on the immediate fiscal year) is less than US$100,000 (for currencies other than KRW 100 million, KRW, and USD, the exchange rate of the US dollar will be applied to the currency of your country).
- Even if the User has met the above basic use criteria at the time of the commercial activation of the MY character, if the above basic use criteria are subsequently exceeded, all rights granted to the User (including copyright and the right to create a secondary work) will be automatically revoked at the time of exceeding the above basic use criteria .
- Therefore, if the above basic usage criteria are exceeded, the User no longer has the right to commercially utilize the MY Character, so please notify the Company immediately and request a separate affiliate for the use of the MY Character.
The User shall comply with the following criteria when using or commercially using the MY Character or creating or using the MY Creation, and if the User violates the following criteria, the Company may immediately withdraw all rights granted in respect of the MY Character and the MY Creation.
- The FRENZ IP Content and all materials contained in the FRENZ Character Services created using it are subject to copyright, trademark, trade dress, patents and/or other intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, the right to create a secondary work) and are protected by applicable laws. The Company may use the FRENZ Character and the MY Character without any restrictions, including but not limited to the purpose, duration and place.
2. Emphasis on prevention of discrimination and diversity
- The Company values diversity as FRENZ is a global platform with users from all over the world. Please do not include in your FRENZ characters and MY creations any discriminatory elements regarding areas where you may have a diverse opinion, such as nationality, age, political opinions, race, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion, etc.
3. Protection of Intellectual Property Rights, Copyrights and Trademarks
- Please be careful not to infringe on any legally protected 3rd party intellectual property rights (external character designs), trademarks or trademarks in the creation of FRENZ characters and MY creations.
- If the MY character is used for commercial purposes, you may not wear items that expose trademarks of other brands affiliated with the Company, and we recommend that you wear official items created by the Company.
- The User shall not infringe on any rights such as the intellectual property rights of any 3rd party in connection with the creation and use of FRENZ characters and MY creations, and the User shall bear all responsibility if the intellectual property rights of the 3rd party are infringed, etc.
4. MY Creations and 3rd Party Licenses
5. NFT Production, Transfer and Sale
- The User may only create MY NFT through the 3rd party NFT platform permitted by the Company (hereinafter referred to as the "NFT Partner"), and the creation of the MY NFT is the user's option. The MY NFTs thus created shall be used in accordance with the terms and conditions or agreements reached between the user and the NFT partner.
- Users may not create NFTs through any 3rd party platform (such as OpenSea) other than NFT partners licensed by the Company for their MY characters.
- You must inform the NFT buyer of the MY NFT in a way that anyone can know the rights to be transferred upon transfer or sale.
6. Comply with Community Guidelines
- Caricature users must always follow the Community Guidelines in their use of characters.
Acceptable scope of commercial use of M Y characters: Goodes and Content, etc.
1. Examples of the scope of use of individuals/corporations/organizations:
- Advertising and informational content creation is possible.
- - Posting My Favorite Top 5 Creators World Review Videos
- - MY Character Face Custom Tutorial Youtube Video Posting
- - Winter Safety Driving Tips Youtube Video Taken in the Background of Driving World
- - Seoul Top 10 Places to Eat Blog Post MY Character Including Distributed
- - 2022 Trend Report MY Character Photobooth Pose Including Deployment
- Goodes are allowed to be made, owned, sold, and given away for free.
- - Dolls, printgoods, figures, mobile phones and other electronic device goodies, etc.
- However, the production of MY creations contrary to the terms and conditions of use and the breeze is not permitted.
- With your MY character, you can create mascots that represent or symbolize a company or a for-profit organization, and use it to create advertising and informational content.
- - All event promotional posts of our products, company and brand
- - On/offline promotional posts of our products, companies and brands (promotional videos, pamphlets, posters, etc.)
- - All forms of advertising content (ad enforcement videos on Youtube, online banners/social media ads, offline public transport/outdoor advertising, etc.)
- - Non-commercial form of content that executes advertising fees
- - OO Corporate New Employee Introduction Video In-house Sharing
- - Post OO corporate in-house news videos to company-run Instagram or Youtube accounts
- - Using the MY character to create branded content for the company to introduce autumn destinations
- - Youtube videos of companies reviewing items or worlds within FRENZ created for non-profit purposes
- - Create MY characters as mascots, etc., that represent or symbolize a corporation or for-profit organization, and use them to create, own, sell, and share Goodes for free.
- - Dolls, printgoods, figures, mobile phones and other electronic device goodies, etc.
C. Education, Academy, Non-profit or Government Organizations
- NGOs, schools, and public institutions can create content, including for profit and promotional purposes.
- - OO University Library Guide Video
- - Official posters/videos for promotion, outdoor advertisements, etc.
- - It is not permitted to use FRENZ characters (including MY characters) and service images in competitions or competitions that create metaverse-related apps or services and other software, as well as various offline materials.
- - It is possible to enter a competition or contest that is independent of the development of metaverses, services (including apps) and other software, various offline materials, etc., using the MY character for use cases or simple screen implementation explanations.
3. Uses outside the scope listed
- If you utilize the MY character, you can follow the Community Guidelines to make it commercially active.
The Company may immediately revoke your license to use FRENZ Characters, MY Characters, MY Creations, and MY NFTs that violate these Guidelines, Community Guidelines, and the law, and request that you cease posting, distributing and transmitting such Creations without prior notice, and separately restrict your use of the FRENZ Services.
These guidelines are intended to guide creators through basic precautions when using characters to facilitate their creative activities, and may be subject to separate policies depending on individual cases.
These guidelines are valid for as long as the Company operates FRENZ and will continue to apply even after withdrawal of membership.